Remember to please submit the 3-question fundraising form here so that we can better coach you based on your fundraising experience.
Many of you ask how donations are processed, how long processing donations takes, or how to make out donations. So this month, we'd like to share our donation process with you so that you know exactly what to expect!
YSC employee Sitara receives and processes all offline donations for the organization. She is the person to contact if you have any questions about checks, matching funds, etc. The best way to reach her is via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Whenever you mail checks to YSC, please include a YSC Tour de Pink donation form (or a donation log for multiple checks) indicating the rider’s name, the ride, the donor’s name and contact information, the donation amount(s), and, ideally, the check number(s). This makes it much easier and more efficient for the donations to be credited to your page and for your donors to receive paper receipts for their tax-deductible donations.
- If at all possible, please do not mail cash to YSC. Your offline donation will be credited to your page more efficiently if you write a check for the amount of cash a donor gave you and mail in the check instead. Plus, it is safer to send a check through the mail!
- Checks should be made out to Young Survival Coalition, but if a donor makes the check out in your name you may endorse the back of the check with your signature and mail it to YSC.
- It is YSC’s policy that we cannot credit funds to a rider’s page until we receive the funds.
- Notes on matching gifts:
- If there are any forms (paper or electronic) that need to be filled out by YSC to confirm that we received a gift to be matched, please ensure that those forms are sent to Sitara either by mail to the New York office, or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matching funds are often distributed at intervals. These intervals could be weekly, monthly, or even quarterly. As a result, sometimes it takes a while after an initial gift has been made for the matching gift to show up, even if all the paperwork was filled out in a timely manner.
- As long as you show us that a matching donation is on its way, we will always give you a grace period for your fundraising deadline for matching gift processing.
- If you enter your checks as offline donations in your fundraising headquarters, they will be credited to your page more quickly. When you enter them ahead of time, all Sitara has to do is verify the donations as opposed to entering the whole thing from scratch. The more riders do this, the quicker the process goes for everyone. If you need assistance figuring out how to do this, contact email@example.com
- Even if you enter your offline donations onto your page, it can take up to two weeks, or even a little longer, from the day you drop your checks in the mail to the day that the donations appear on your page. This is because of the time it takes for the checks to get to YSC’s office, plus the number of business days it takes to process them. This gap of time may increase during particularly busy periods (the weeks leading up to YSC Tour de Pink rides, for example).
- Don't forget you can find all of this information and more on the website's FAQ page.
We appreciate your patience with this process!